Notice and conditions of contract
Passenger ticket and baggage check is a document certifying the contract for the passenger and baggage carriage concluded between the passenger and "TRANSAERO Airlines" (the Carrier).
NOTICE AND CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT
NOTICE If the passenger’s journey involves an ultimate destination or stop in a country other than the country of departure the Warsaw Convention may be applicable and the Convention governs and in most cases limits the liability of carriers for death or personal injury and in respect of loss of or damage to baggage. See also notices headed “Advice to International Passengers on Limitation of Liability" and “Notice of Baggage Liability Limitations".
CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT
1. As used in this contract “ticket" means this passenger ticket and baggage check, or this itinerary/receipt if applicable, in the case of an electronic ticket, of which these conditions and the notices form part, “carriage" is equivalent to “transportation", “carrier" means all air carriers that carry or undertake to carry the passenger or his baggage hereunder or perform any other service incidental to such air carriage, “electronic ticket" means the Itinerary/Receipt issued by or on behalf of Carrier, the Electronic Coupons and, if applicable, a boarding document. “WARSAW CONVENTION" means the Convention for the Unification of Certain Rules Relating to International Carriage by Air signed at Warsaw, 12th October 1929, or that Convention as amended at The Hague, 28th September 1955, whichever may be applicable.
2. Carriage hereunder is subject to the rules and limitations relating to liability established by the Warsaw Convention unless such carriage is not “international carriage" as defined by that Convention.
3. To the extent not in conflict with the foregoing carriage and other services performed by each carrier are subject to: (i) provisions contained in the ticket, (ii) applicable tariffs, (iii) carrier’s conditions of carriage and related regulations which are made part hereof (and are available on application at the offices of carrier), except in transportation between a place in the United States or Canada and any place outside thereof to which tariffs in force in those countries apply.
4. Carrier’s name may be abbreviated in the ticket, the full name and its abbreviation being set forth in carrier’s tariffs, conditions of carriage, regulations or timetables; carrier’s address shall be the airport of departure shown opposite the first abbreviation of carrier’s name in the ticket; the agreed stopping places are those places set forth in this ticket or as shown in carrier’s timetables as scheduled stopping places on the passenger’s route; carriage to be performed hereunder by several successive carriers is regarded as a single operation.
5. An air carrier issuing a ticket for carriage over the lines of another air carrier does so only as its Agentеднего.
6. Any exclusion or limitation of liability of carrier shall apply to and be for the benefit of agents, servants and representatives of carrier and any person whose aircraft is used by carrier for carriage and its agents, servants and representatives.
7. Checked baggage will be delivered to bearer of the baggage check. In case of damage to baggage moving in international transportation complaint must be made in writing to carrier forthwith after discovery of damage and, at the latest, within seven days from receipt; in case of delay, complaint must be made within 21 days from date the baggage was delivered. See tariffs or conditions of carriage regarding noninternational transportation.
8. This ticket is good for carriage for one year from date of issue, except as otherwise provided in this ticket, in carrier’s tariffs, conditions of carriage, or related regulations. The fare for carriage hereunder is subject to change prior to commencement of carriage. Carrier may refuse transportation if the applicable fare has not been paid.
9. Carrier undertakes to use its best efforts to carry the passenger and baggage with reasonable dispatch. Times shown in timetables or elsewhere are not guaranteed and form no part of this contract. Carrier may without notice substitute alternate carriers or aircraft, and may alter or omit stopping places shown on the ticket in case of necessity. Schedules are subject to change without notice. Carrier assumes no responsibility for making connections.
10. Passenger shall comply with Government travel requirements, present exit, entry and other required documents and arrive at airport by time fixed by carrier or, if no time is fixed, early enough to complete departure procedures.
11. No agent, servant or representative of carrier has authority to alter, modify or waive any provision of this contract.
ADVICE TO INTERNATIONAL PASSENGERS ON LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Passengers on a journey involving an ultimate destination or a stop in a country other than the country of origin are advised that the provisions of a treaty known as the Warsaw Convention may be applicable to the entire journey, including any portion entirely within the country of origin or destination. For such passengers on a journey to, from or with an agreed stopping place in the United States of America, the Convention and special contracts of carriage embodied in applicable tariffs provide that the liability of certain carriers, parties to such special contracts, for death of or personal injury to passengers is limited in most cases to proven damages not to exceed U.S. $75,000 per passenger, and that this liability up to such limit shall not depend on negligence on the part of the carrier.
For such passengers travelling by a carrier not a party to such special contracts or on a journey not to, from, or having an agreed stopping place in the United States of America, liability of the carrier for death or personal injury to passengers is limited in most cases to approximately U.S. $10,000 or U.S. $20,000.
The names of carriers, parties to such special contracts, are available at all ticket offices of such carriers and may be examined on request.
Additional protection can usually be obtained by purchasing insurance from a private company. Such insurance is not affected by any limitation of the carrier’s liability under the Warsaw Convention or such special contracts of carriage. For further information please consult your airline or insurance company representative.
Note: The limit of liability of U.S. $75,000 above is inclusive of legal fees and costs except that in case of a claim brought in a state where provision is made for separate award of legal fees and costs, the limit shall be the sum of U.S. $58,000 exclusive of legal fees and costs.
NOTICE OF BAGGAGE LIABILITY LIMITATIONS
Liability for loss, delay, or damage to baggage is limited unless a higher value is declared in advance and additional charges are paid. For most international travel (including domestic portions of international journeys) the liability limit is approximately U.S. $9.07 per pound (U.S. $20.00 per kilo) for checked baggage and U.S. $400.00 per passenger for unchecked baggage. For travel wholly between U.S. points, Federal rules require any limit on an airline’s baggage liability to be at least U.S. $3,300.00 per passenger. Excess valuation may be declared on certain types of articles.
Some carriers assume no liability for fragile, valuable or perishable articles.
Further information may be obtained from the carrier.
CONDITIONS OF AIR CARRIAGE WITHIN THE TERRITORY OF RUSSIAN FEDERATION
The Carrier, owner of the aircraft, is liable for death or personal injury to the Passenger of the aircraft on any domestic flight is limited to the sum provided by the Russian Federation Civil Laws.
The carrier's liability for loss, delay or damage of baggage, accepted for transportation without value declaration, is equal to its value, but not exceeding 600 RUB per each kilogram. The liability of the Carrier for loss, lack or damage of Passenger hand baggage is limited to the sum equal to its value and if such value cannot be established the liability is limited to the sum of compensation set by Russian Federation law. The carrier's liability for loss, delay or damage of passenger unchecked baggage, is equal to its value, but not exceeding 11 000 RUB in case of impossibility of cost determination.
NOTICE OF GOVERNMENT IMPOSED TAXES, FEES AND CHARGES
The price of this ticket may include taxes, fees and charges which are imposed on air transportation by government authorities. These taxes, fees and charges, which may represent a significant portion of the cost of air travel, are either included in the fare, or shown separately in the “TAX/FEE/CHARGE" box(es) of this ticket. You may also be required to pay taxes, fees and charges not already collected.
THE FOLLOWING NOTICE DOES NOT APPLY TO TICKETS SOLD IN THE UNITED STATES FOR TRANSPORTATION ORIGINATING IN THE UNITED STATES.
DENIED BOARDING BY OVERBOOKING
In those countries where Denied Boarding Compensation regulations are in force, carriers operate compensation plans for passengers with confirmed reservations who are denied boarding because of nonavailability of seats caused by overbooking. Details of these plans are available at the airlines’ offices.
In order to minimize the effect of “no shows" and to permit seats to be used by passengers who otherwise would not be able to travel on a chosen flight, carriers may overbook flights.
In some cases the passenger might additional services or compensation, if he is denied boarding on a booked flight by fault of the carrier. Whilst carriers make every effort to provide seats for which confirmed reservations exist, seat availability is not absolutely guaranteed.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PASSENGERS
The Passenger, who has been late by the end of the check-in which is completed forty (40) minutes prior to departure time shown in the air ticket, shall be refused boarding the aircraft. The departure time indicated in the air ticked is local. The carrier has got the right to refuse air carriage in case:
— if it is necessary in terms of passengers' safety and welfare provision;
— in order to prevent breaching of corresponding laws, directives, rules and regulations of state authorities of the country, to\from\over which territory the flight is performed;
— in case the Passenger refuses to abide the Carrier's rules, instructions and orders;
— in connection with the Passenger's illness in case his \her physical condition constitutes a hazard for both him and other passengers;
— when the Passenger's documents have been drawn up in a wrong way, as well as:
— any person who constitutes a hazard or may hurt either other people or their properly;
— the Passenger suffering from alcohol or drug intoxication;
— the Passenger whose actions break common rules of air transportation.
However, in some cases, when the Passenger is refused boarding a pre-booked flight due to the Carrier's omission, the latter may provide the Passenger with extra services or pay a fixed indemnity to him.
Full or partial refunding provided for the unused route leg is performed at the place of the air ticket purchase either during one year from the date the ticket was issued in case air carriage was not performed in full, or within one year from the date of departure from the first route leg (unless otherwise provided by the Fare Rules).
When buying an air ticket or changing the terms of air carriage indicated in the air ticket after purchasing it (the Passenger's name, flight number, class of service, departure date from outbound or inbound direction, etc.) please consult the Carrier or his agents regarding the terms of the used fare, so that they could help you in case any limitations arise. Failure to comply with this recommendation may result in fare increase and\or you will be charged extra fees.
Sometimes extra fees are collected either in case of flight cancellation or re-booking. The air ticket is valid for that flight and date and that person whose name is indicated on the air ticket.
All matters which you are interested in can be clarified at the Carrier's or his agents' representative offices.
CARRIAGE OF PASSENGERS' BAGGAGE
Passengers may lake some small articles of baggage in cabin (handbags, etc.). Maximum weight of one article shouldn't be more than 5 kg with maximum size of 55 cm x40 cm x20 cm.
Only one article is allowed on board as cabin baggage for the Economy class passengers and up two for Business class passengers.
Carriage of Pets is not allowed in the passenger cabin, except guide-dogs for the blind. Pets can be transported by prior consent of the Carrier and are to be carried in the baggage hold of the aircraft and charged as a real weight.
The Carrier has the right to limit the weight of the excess baggage over the free baggage allowance.
If a passenger intends to bring baggage in excess of the pre-arranged and paid weight, that baggage will be accepted only if the maximum payload capacity of the aircraft is not exceeded and after payment of the excess baggage charges.
In accordance with the existing weight/dimensions baggage restrictions at various airports, the weight for one item of checked-baggage must not exceed 30kg, and the overall dimensions of the three measurements (Height/Width/Depth) - must not exceed 203 cm. Carrier is not responsible for refusal of transportation of the baggage, exceeding specified weight and dimensions.
Passengers must pay extra charges for baggage in excess of free baggage allowance indicated on the appropriate flight coupon of the ticket, according to the rate applicable on the day of issue of the excess baggage ticket.
The Carrier assume no liability for fragile, valuable or perishable articles. Passengers must carry money and documents with themselves at all times.
Passenger’s behavior policy on board
The passengers are liable to:
— unconditionally execute cabin crew demands;
— strictly comply with the aviation security measures.
The passengers are not allowed:
— to create situations menacing the flight safety, passengers and crew safety;
— to have any alcoholic beverage, except ones served on board;
— to smoke on board of the aircraft;
— to use the survival equipment without the appropriate crew indication;
— to use any electrical appliance or communication facility during the aircraft taxiing, take-off or landing;
— to destroy any carrier belongings and take them away from the aircraft.
The carrier reserves the right to take reasonable steps, up to putting on handcuffs, to refuse the further transportation and to file a petition in court if behavior of the passenger onboard an aircraft constitutes a danger to the plane or passengers or subjects being onboard, and the passenger prevents the crew from carrying out its duties and does not follow crew instructions (including the instructions, concerning an interdiction for smoking, the use of alcohol or drugs).
CARRIAGE RESTRICTIONS ON QUANTITIES OF IN-CABIN LIQUIDS, GELS AND AEROSOLS
Passengers are allowed to carry in aircraft cabin the following articles and substances contained in hand luggage provided the required conditions are met: non-dangerous liquids, gels and aerosols in individual containers with a maximum capacity up to 100 ml each (or an equivalent thereof in alternate unit of volume measurement) packed in a secure transparent plastic bag of not more than one liter capacity per Passenger.
Liquids in containers with capacity over 100 ml shall not be accepted for carriage even when the capacity is partially filled.
There remain exceptions for medicines, baby foods or dietary requirements needed in flight. Liquids bought in duty-free shops at an airport or on board an aircraft shall be securely packed in a seated plastic bag permitting visual access to the bag contents during flight and bearing valid confirmation that an article was bought at a duty-free airport shop or on board an aircraft on the day(s) of travel.
DANGEROUS GOODS IN BAGGAGE
Passengers are not permitted to carry aboard an aircraft dangerous goods such as those listed below neither as passenger's checked nor as carry-on baggage:
- explosives, blasting supplies and articles armed with them;
- compressed and liquefied gases;
- flammable liquids;
- flammable solids;
- oxidising materials and organic peroxides;
- radioactive materials;
- caustics and corrosives;
- poisonous, toxic and infectious substances;
- arms (except lawful cases and pursuant to procedure established by the Russian Federation legislation).
Articles which can be used as a tool for attack (axes, saws, ice-axes, arbalests, pneumatic arms, underwater hunting guns, the things that imitate it, etc.) must be carried in baggage.
FOR YOUR AIR TRIP THE FOLLOWING ARTICLES WHEN RETAIED IN YOUR CUSTODY WILL BE CARRIED FREE OVER AND ABOVE THE FREE BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE:
THE ABOVE MENTIONED ARTICLES NEED NOT TO PRESENT FOR WEIGHTING, ARE NOT FORMALIZED AS THE OTHER BAGGAGE AND ARE NOT MARKED WITH BAGGAGE TAGS.